WordPress 4.9 has been released. We tested all of our themes and plugins with it before its public release and identified a couple of issues that needed to be addressed. As such, we released updates for all of our themes to keep things running smoothly on your church’s website. The Church Content plugin does not need an update as it is already compatible with WordPress 4.9.
How to Update
We recommend that all users update their theme and WordPress. You can update by going to Dashboard > Updates in your WordPress admin area.
The main thing that has changed is that WordPress updated its audio/video player and that has required us to update the styling in our themes for the player. You’ll want to update your theme to get this styling adjustment. Without it, uploaded audio sermons with WordPress 4.9 will have an odd appearance.
- Adjusted styling to accommodate WordPress 4.9’s updated audio/video player (compatibility).
- Prevented errors when live previewing theme in Customizer and when switching themes (compatibility).
- Updated framework to 2.2.2 (including changes in 2.2 and 2.2.1).
- Updated language files.
- Corrected misplaced heading accents in content editor with WordPress 4.9 (compatibility).
- Moved Additional CSS in Customizer to bottom.
The latest version of each theme is listed below.
We recommend that you always run the latest version of your theme, all plugins and WordPress itself for the best compatibility, stability and security — if not for new features and improvements.
Please let us know if you have any questions about these updates.