Thank you for choosing churchthemes.com. We’ll walk you through setting up.
Only purchased a plugin? Read our Plugins Guide for installation and usage instructions.
- Sign up for web hosting. We recommend WP Church Host to churches using our themes (learn why).
- Install WordPress on your hosting. WP Church Host preinstalls WordPress (or moves your site for free). Other hosts may have an installer in their control panel. See Installing WordPress for manual steps.
- Log into your WordPress admin area (yoursite.com/wp-admin).
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme.
- Choose the theme zip file you downloaded, then click Install Now.
- If you get an error, see Increasing Upload Size.
- After installation, click Activate.
Activate Theme License
- Go to Appearance > Theme License.
- Enter your License Key then click Save Key.
- Click Activate License.
The Church Theme Content plugin enables sermons, events, people and locations.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type Church Theme Content in the search box then press “Enter” on your keyboard
- Click Install Now then Activate Plugin.
Note: The plugin itself has minimal settings (most settings are in the theme Customizer) but the Google Maps API Key setting is important. Be sure to enter your API Key if you want to show maps on events and locations.
Take a look at our other Guides. We recommend starting with these.
- Learn how to Install an Add-on plugin if you purchased one with your theme.
- Import Sample Content to make your site look similar to the demo. This is optional.
- Customize the Appearance of your site with your own logo, colors, fonts, etc.
- See Managing Content for configuring your homepage, creating pages and publishing sermons, events, locations, etc.