Thank you for choosing ChurchThemes.com. We’ll walk you through setting up.
Purchased only the Pro plugin? Read Pro Add-on for installation and usage instructions.
- Sign up for web hosting. See our hosting recommendation.
- Install WordPress on your hosting. Many hosts have an automatic WordPress installer (recommended).
- Download your theme’s zip file from the Downloads area in your Account.
- Log into your WordPress admin area (yoursite.com/wp-admin).
- Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme.
- Choose the theme zip file you downloaded, then click Install Now.
- After installation, click Activate.
Activate Theme License
- Go to Appearance > Theme License.
- Enter your License Key then click Save Key.
- Click Activate License.
You will now receive one-click updates via your WordPress dashboard. Read License Keys for more.
The Church Content plugin enables sermons, events, people and locations.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type Church Content in the search box to see the plugin’s details.
- Click Install Now then click Activate (which appears in place of the Install button).
- Install Church Content Pro to enable Pro features.
- Set your Google Maps API Key to enable maps on your site.
You now have WordPress installed with one of our themes and our plugin. Your next steps are to…
- Import Starter Website Content to make your site look similar to the demo. This is optional.
- Take a look at our other Guides to begin adding content and customizing your site.
Please join our Newsletter and follow our Blog for news and tips. Here are a couple helpful articles.