Version 2.1 of our Church Content plugin has been released. The main purpose of this update is to provide a tool to assist users of our discontinued Risen theme migrate to one of our newer, more modern themes. This update contains a couple bug fixes as well. As usual, all users should update (even if not migrating from Risen).
Switching from Risen
Are you still using the Risen theme? It predates our Church Content plugin so please see Switching from Risen to learn how to use the new migration tool in Church Content 2.1. This will make it possible for you to upgrade to one of our newer themes. We highly recommend this. Risen has finally been discontinued after six years. WordPress sites should always use an actively maintained theme and plugins.
Reasons to Switch
- Our newer themes continue to be updated and supported
- Refresh your church site with a more modern design that works better on mobile
- More and better features, plus the option to use Pro features
- WordPress 5.0 and Gutenberg editor support is coming soon
- Easy theme switching with our Church Content plugin (our other themes all use it)
- 20% off any if our Packages using coupon code RISEN20
Church Content 2.1 Changelog
The following changes make up the Church Content 2.1 plugin release.
- Add Tools > Migrate from Risen (when Risen theme active)
- Replace “theme not compatible” notice with notice to initiate migration when Risen theme is active
- Hide Church Content post type menu links when Risen is active
- Add ctc_update_setting() for updating a setting’s value
- Fix add_theme_support( ‘ctc-sermons’ ) taxonomies and fields not having effect (using all instead)
- Fix text domain on ‘Choose Date’ string
- Add Danish (da_DK) translation
- Update French (fr_FR) translation
Update by going to Dashboard > Updates. Please let us know if you need any help!