Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme to switch to a new theme.
All themes sold on ChurchThemes.com use our Church Content plugin in order to avoid theme lock-in. You can also convert Risen. This means you can switch themes without having to re-enter your content (sermons, events, locations, etc.). Since this is the case, most of the work is already done for you. There are just a few minor adjustments you may need to make.
Here is a list of things you’ll want to check and adjust as needed after switching themes.
- License Key – You will need to update and activate the new theme’s License Key to get one-click updates.
- Menus – Menu locations are theme-specific so you will need to Re-assign Menus to menu locations (header, footer, etc.). The links in your menus will be retained. Go to Appearance > Menus > Menu Locations to do this.
- Images – Themes use different image sizes, so run the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin and/or provide images sized to suit the new theme’s layout as needed.
- Widgets – Widget areas are theme-specific so you may need to recreate some or all of your Widgets.
- Homepage – Each theme has a different homepage layout, usually made up of widgets.
- Customizations – Because theme appearance differs, Customizer settings will need to be configured.
If you want to switch themes on a temporary website so that changes in progress are not visible on the live site, read How can I make big changes to my site without users seeing until I’m done?
Please Contact Us for support if you have any questions about switching themes.