This means you can switch themes without having to re-enter your content (sermons, events, locations, etc.). Since this is the case, most of the work is already done for you. However, there are some minor adjustments you may need to do to prepare the new theme.
- License Key – You will need to update and activate the new theme’s License Key to get one-click updates.
- Menus – Menu locations are theme-specific so you will need to Re-assign Menus to menu locations (header, footer, etc.). The links in your menus will be retained. Go to Appearance > Menus > Menu Locations to do this.
- Images – Themes use different image sizes, so run the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin and/or provide images sized to suit the new theme’s layout as needed.
- Widgets – Widget areas are theme-specific so you may need to recreate some or all of your Widgets.
- Homepage – Each theme has a different homepage layout, usually made up of widgets.
- Customizations – Because theme appearance differs, Customizer settings will need to be configured.