You can publish one or multiple locations with service times, map and directions.
First create a page that will list all locations.
- Go to Pages > Add New.
- Enter a title and any content that you want to appear at the top of the page.
- Under Page Attributes, set Template to “Locations”.
- Optionally set a Featured image (see Section Banners for related information) .
- Click Publish.
You can then link to this page from your menu (see Menus).
One Location? Read Single Location below for tips.
Adding a Location
- Go to Locations > Add New.
- Enter the name of the location (Cornerstone Church, South Campus, etc.).
- Write a description of the location in the content editor.
- Enter address, service times, etc. in the Location Details box.
Note: You must set your Google Maps API Key in order for maps to work.
- Enter a short description of the location in Excerpt.
- Optionally click Set featured image to upload a picture of the location.
- Click Publish.
Editing and Deleting Locations
- Go to Locations > All Locations.
- Hover over a location to see the Edit and Trash options.
Locations are listed in manual order. There is an Order field that you can enter a numeric value into when adding or editing a location.
Most churches have one location so what we recommend is linking from your menu directly to that location. You don’t have to create a page like “Campus Locations” in the demo (which uses the Locations template to list all). Instead, add your single location then go to Appearance > Menus and click on Locations on the left side to add your location to the menu.
If “Locations” doesn’t show, click on Screen Options at the top-right to enable it. Learn more in Menus.
Photo galleries can be embedded in location content. This is handy for providing the visitor with a virtual tour of your church. See the Galleries guide for information.
Go to Appearance > Widgets and drag widgets into the Locations Sidebar (if available with your theme). These widgets will appear on all location-related pages.
You can show any widgets in a sidebar but the CT Locations widget is especially relevant. It lists your locations. It can also be used on the Homepage to make visitors immediately aware of your location(s) and service times.
Read the Widgets guide for more information.
Settings for Locations
There are settings available in Settings > Church Content > Locations.
You must set your Google Maps API Key in this area in order for maps to work on locations, events and elsewhere on the site.