Much of what you use when building a site with one of our themes is from WordPress itself. WordPress handles pages, menus, the blog, comments, etc. Our themes handle the looks and our Church Content plugin adds features like sermons and events. Our guides mostly relate to features we develop. Plenty of general WordPress information available online.
With that said, there are some questions about general WordPress use that come up often so we want to address them in our own guides.
Also see Menus, Pages, Widgets, Galleries and Plugin Installation for other general WordPress information.
One article every WordPress user should read is Things To Do After Building Your Website.
- WordPress Codex – This is where WordPress documentation lives
- Getting Started with WordPress – The official WordPress starter guide
- WordPress Support Forums – The official forums are a great place to search for answers
- Easy WP Guide – View online or download a free PDF with walkthroughs and screenshots
- WP101 – Free and paid video tutorials for general WordPress features
- How can I disable comments on pages or posts?
- How can I password-protect content?
- How can I customize the admin menu?
- How can we control which users can do certain things?
- How can I change the date or time format?
- How can search results be improved?
- Why don’t permalinks (URLs) look nice?
- How can I start over with WordPress?
- How do I use plugins with WordPress?
- How can I make big changes to my website without users seeing until I’m done?
- How should I set my site live by moving it from its temporary location to its final location?
- How can I change a page’s URL?
- How can I regain access to my WordPress site’s account?