This guide covers features that are unique to Saved and not covered in the general guides.
- 1 Homepage
- 2 Menu Buttons
- 3 Content Notes
- 4 Image Sizes
- 5 Translations
- 6 Demo Media
- 7 Common Questions
- 8 Changelog
Saved’s homepage is a widget area than can show any number of widgets. See the Saved Homepage guide for instructions.
With Saved, you can transform any top-level menu item into a colored button. This is useful for making a particular link stand out. See “New Here” in the demo for an example. We recommend using this to highlight no more than one item, preferably the first or last.
- Go to Appearance > Menus and click on a top-level menu item to expand its settings
- Click Screen Options at the top-right and check the box for CSS Classes
- Enter “saved-menu-button” in the CSS Classes field for the menu item then click Save Menu
Saved features a single-column content area. The width and font size are carefully designed for optimal readability. Important elements like images, blockquotes and galleries extend outward for a dramatic effect (example). When a wider content area is desired, the Wide Content page template can be used. Certain pages use it automatically (such as the event calendar).
The clutter and mobile-unfriendliness of a sidebar is eliminated. Instead, an auto-generated section navigation appears below the header. This compact navigation replaces the most common sidebar widgets. When widgets are desired, they can be placed in the theme’s footer area.
Most admin areas that accept an image upload show the size that the image will be cropped/resized to. For absolute control, you can manually resize your images before uploading.
250×30 is the maximum recommended size. A logo with text all on one line will work best. Use a transparent PNG.
The logo image is not resized upon uploading so it is important to resize it beforehand. You may want to read the HiDPI Logo instructions as well.
Images appearing in the header are 1600×400. The default header image is set in the Customizer. Each page or post can have its own image of the same size that will override the default.
Homepage section (CT Section widget) images are cropped to 1680×1050. If you upload a larger image it will be resized and cropped. For the best result, precisely size your image before uploading and compress it to under 200 KB in file size (for faster loading).
When used on the homepage, widgets like CT Posts, CT Sermons and CT Giving let you upload an image to show to the side of their content. The target size for these images is 1024×1024. For the best result, precisely size your image before uploading and compress it to under 150 KB in file size (for faster loading).
The CT Highlight widget can be used in the footer widget area. It’s size is 720×720.
The image set on a person is resized/cropped to 720×480.
Gallery photos and photos embedded in content can be any size and the theme will show a resized version for more optimal viewing but the originals are stored on the server. Since digital camera photos can be several megabytes, you may want to resize photos to no more than 1024×1024 before uploading.
- English (en_US)
- French / Français (fr_FR) by Jean Berney
- Swedish / Svenska (sv_SE) by Robert Granat and Ola Christensson
- Norwegian / Norsk bokmål (no_NB) by Eirik Broomfield Fjellestad
- Romanian / Română (ro_RO) by Dan Beltechi
- Afrikaans (AF) by Magna Rautenbach
The photos and videos used in the theme’s demo are not licensed for distribution and not included with the theme. You can obtain your own licenses if you are interested in using any them on your site. See our Stock Photo Recommendations for others.
Lightstock sells Christian-themed stock imagery and video.
- Worship video
- Preacher speaking into microphone
- Man standing in the field with hands raised
- Man kneeling in prayer at the altar of a church
- Bible, wallet, passport, sunglasses, and iPhone on a table
- Family Saying Grace At Outdoor Picnic
- Men reading the Bible at a bible study
- Women sitting on a couch at a Bible study
- People entering a church
- Group holding hands in prayer
- Earbuds resting on a Bible
- Map and pins
- Passport and map
- Giving online
- Bible and earbuds
- Women with Bibles
- Men with Bibles
Unsplash photos are free to use. See the collection of Christian-themed photos we curate there.
- Tablet calendar
- Man on mountain
- Worship band
- Kneeling with Bible
- Passion led us here
- Office table
- Mother and daughter
- Desert road
- Worship with “Free” sign
- Woman singing
- Football player praying
- Praise in field
- Jesus Saves
- Marshall Point Lighthouse
- Young Family
- Couple giving two young children piggyback rides
- Elementary Age Schoolchildren Answering Question In Class
- Amazon river blissful evening
- Man speaking
- Driving with GPS
- Children singing
- Calendar and notepad
- Copper clad chapel
- Brick church
Please see the Updates guide for instructions on how to update the theme.
1.1.2 (November 15, 2017)
Compatibility Update: This update maintains compatibility with WordPress 4.9 in multiple ways. It is recommended that all users update to keep the audio player appearing as intended and to prevent errors when switching themes.
- Update framework to 2.2.2 (including changes in 2.2 and 2.2.1).
- Tweak: Adjust styling to accommodate WordPress 4.9’s updated audio/video player (compatibility).
- Tweak: Update language files.
- Fix: Prevent errors when live previewing theme in Customizer and when switching themes (compatibility).
- Fix: Correct misplaced heading accents in content editor with WordPress 4.9.
1.1.1 (October 3, 2017)
Compatibility Update: This update resolves a compatibility issue with the Safari browser.
Blog Post: Update to Fix Background Video in Safari 11
- Fix: Safari 11 update broke background video (compatibility).
- Fix: Linked images showed underline intended only for text.
1.1 (September 12, 2017)
Blog Post: Maintenance Updates for All Themes
- Update framework to 2.1.1 (includes 2.1, which is more significant).
- New: Prevent possibility of updating theme with another same-named theme from WordPress.org.
- New: Support new ctfw-loop-after-content-used framework feature.
- Tweak: Update theme updater class from Easy Digital Downloads Software Licensing – now unmodified.
- Tweak: Replace instances of “Church Theme Content” with “Church Content” – plugin renamed.
- Tweak: Improve wording on update notice.
- Tweak: Include improved Swedish translation by Ola Christensson.
- Fix: Make date ranges on event lists use abbreviations in same manner as single-day events.
- Fix: Make accent disappear on headings in content that are centered.
- Fix: Make blockquote text white on CT Section widget.
- Fix: Title used on Gallery widget on homepage has no top margin.
- Fix: Make person image correct size when no accent used.
- Fix: Make person image align correctly on mobile when no accent.
1.0.2 (July 31, 2017)
- Fix: Require WordPress 4.7 instead of 4.8 for managed WordPress hosts that delay major updates
- Fix: Update version in style.scss instead of only in style.css
1.0.1 (July 29, 2017)
- Fix: Sample content footer menu not being assigned to footer menu location after import
1.0 (July 25, 2017)
- First release