This guide covers features that are unique to Jubilee and not covered in the general guides.
- 1 Homepage
- 2 Styling
- 3 Content Notes
- 4 Image Sizes
- 5 Translations
- 6 Demo Media
- 7 Common Questions
- 8 Changelog
Jubilee’s homepage is a widget area than can show any number of widgets. See the Jubilee Homepage guide for instructions.
With Jubilee, you can transform any top-level menu item into a colored button. This is useful for making a particular link stand out. See “New Here” in the demo for an example. We recommend using this to highlight no more than one item, preferably the first or last.
- Go to Appearance > Menus and click on a top-level menu item to expand its settings
- Click Screen Options at the top-right and check the box for CSS Classes
- Enter “jubilee-menu-button” in the CSS Classes field for the menu item then click Save Menu
By default, Jubilee uses “organic” shapes. These are irregular round shapes and waves used on homepage images and the header/footer elements. You may also choose to use Angled or Square shapes in Appearance > Customize > Styling.
Jubilee features a single-column content area. The width and font size are carefully designed for optimal readability. Important elements like images, blockquotes and galleries extend outward for a dramatic effect (example). When a wider content area is desired, the Wide Content page template can be used. Certain pages use it automatically (such as the event calendar).
The clutter and mobile-unfriendliness of a sidebar is eliminated. Instead, an auto-generated section navigation appears below the header. This compact navigation replaces the most common sidebar widgets. When widgets are desired, they can be placed in the theme’s footer area.
In Jubilee’s demo you can see “The Way” is highlighted in the first section widget. This is accomplished by wrapping the text in mark tags as shown below.
Most admin areas that accept an image upload show the size that the image will be cropped/resized to. For absolute control, you can manually resize your images before uploading.
250×60 is the maximum recommended size. It can be smaller. Horizontally oriented logos will work best (ie. wide, not square or tall). Use a transparent PNG.
The logo image is not resized upon uploading so it is important to resize it beforehand. You may want to read the HiDPI Logo instructions as well.
Images appearing in the header are 1600×480. The default header image is set in the Customizer. Each page or post can have its own image of the same size that will override the default.
CT Section, CT Posts, CT Sermons, CT Events, CT People and CT Locations widgets can show an image on the side. These images are cropped to 1400×1400. If you upload a larger image it will be resized and cropped. For the best result, precisely size your image before uploading and compress it to under 200 KB in file size (for faster loading).
The CT Highlight widget can be used on the homepage and in the footer. Its size is 750×750. Aim for a file size under 100 KB.
The image set on a person is resized/cropped to 450×300.
Gallery photos and photos embedded in content can be any size and the theme will show a resized version for more optimal viewing but the originals are stored on the server. Since digital camera photos can be several megabytes, you may want to resize photos to no more than 1200×1200 before uploading.
- Afrikaans (AF) by Magna Rautenbach
- Danish / Dansk (da_DK) by Peter Toldam and Jacob Honore Broberg
- Dutch / Nederlands (nl_NL) by Chris Beekhuizen
- English (en_US) by ChurchThemes.com
- French / Français (fr_FR) by Jean Berney
- German / Deutsch (de_DE) by Stefan Behrendt
- Norwegian / Norsk bokmål (no_NB) by Eirik Broomfield Fjellestad and John Christian Fjellestad
- Romanian / Română (ro_RO) by Dan Beltechi
- Swedish / Svenska (sv_SE) by Robert Granat and Ola Christensson
The photos and videos used in the theme’s demo are not licensed for distribution and not included with the theme. You can obtain your own licenses if you are interested in using any them on your site. See our Stock Photo Recommendations for others.
- Downtown Los Angeles traffic at sunset
- Downtown Los Angeles skyline at sunset with palm trees in the foreground
- Los Angeles skyline with palm trees in the foreground
- Father and son going surfing together
- Crowd cheering and hands raised at a live music concert
- Digital Dictionary Give Volunteer Help Concept
- Christian raised and for joyful and worship in christian concert
- Group of people holding hands praying
- Aerial view of Santa Monica beach from helicopter
- Speaker at Talk in Business Conference
- Calender Planner Organization Management Remind Concept
- Close up of pre-teen friends in a park smiling to camera
- Man Reading Bible
- Female Tutor Teaching Class of Mature Students
- Conference room
- Los Angeles downtown view from park with urban architectures and fountain
- Children of creative craft group hold colorful cartons high in the park
- Young Asian traveling backpacker
- Madrid, Spain cityscape on Gran Via at twilight
- Volunteers putting food and drinks into paper bags for charity
- Asian family renovating the house
- Group of Women Happiness Cheerful Concept
- Christian friends group reading and study bible together in home
- Small group. Bible study.
- Newspaper headlines shown side on in a stack of daily newspapers
- Silhouette of surfer people carrying their surfboard on sunset beach
- Welcome to our team!
- African guy in headphones listening to music having good mood outdoor
- Handsome young photographer sitting on window sill
- Urban asian man with red sunglasses
- Urban asian man with red sunglasses and skateboard sitting on stairs
- Portrait of a handsome smiling man looking at the camera
- A business man with a big smile
- Happy African guy with wide smile sitting outdoor
- Portrait of happy mature man with white, grey stylish short beard
- Portrait of a mature businessman wearing glasses on grey background
- Mature happy woman smiling and looking at camera
- Portrait of beautiful smiling young hipster
- Smiling mother and beautiful daughter having fun on the beach
- Portrait of Young Handsome Man Smiling Outdoor
- Smiling mature man wearing spectacles looking at camera
- Portrait of happy young man in casual clothing looking at camera outdoor
Please see the Updates guide for instructions on how to update the theme.
1.5 (March 3, 2021)
Compatibility Update: This version accommodates two changes with blocks in WordPress 5.7.
- Update framework to 2.8.1
- FIX: Third-party block not showing when no other content on page
- FIX: Admin area warning notice styling
- FIX: sermon.net full embed was cut off
- IMPROVE: Make full height cover block compatible with WordPress 5.7
- IMPROVE: Remove extra height from social icon blocks with WordPress 5.7
- IMPROVE: Add title attribute to sticky notice close button for accessibility
- IMPROVE: Add title attributes to search buttons for accessibility
- IMPROVE: Add label to search input for accessibility
- IMPROVE: Update translations
1.4 (December 9, 2020)
Compatibility Update: This release involves changes related to the version of jQuery used in WordPress 5.6.
- Update framework to 2.8
- IMPROVE: Update CT Meta Box to 2.2.4
- IMPROVE: Update jQuery Validate to 1.19.2
- IMPROVE: Replace jQuery deprecated jQuery methods (WordPress 5.6 compatibility)
- IMPROVE: Adjust pull quote font size (WordPress 5.6 compatibility)
- IMPROVE: Adjust large/huge font size in editor to match frontend (WordPress 5.6 compatibility)
- IMPROVE: Adjust medium font size in editor to match frontend (WordPress 5.6 compatibility)
- IMPROVE: Adjust heading font sizes on block editor (WordPress 5.6 compatibility)
- IMPROVE: Opt out of block-based widget editor (future WordPress compatibility)
- IMPROVE: Support podcasts.google URL for icons
- FIX: Make mobile menu compatible with newer jQuery (WordPress 5.6 compatibility)
- FIX: Widget block alignment in editor (WordPress 5.6 compatibility)
- FIX: Recent posts, comments, feed blocks, etc. margins in block editor (WordPress 5.6 compatibility)
- FIX: Separator blocks on frontend (WordPress 5.6 compatibility)
- FIX: Sermon video embed not responsive when adding a second video to content of post
1.3 (August 11, 2020)
Compatibility Update: This release maintains compatibility with WordPress 5.5 (block editor styling) and newer versions of iOS on iPad and iPhone (menu dropdowns).
- Update framework to 2.7
- NEW: Make video upload for sermon use media’s feature image for poster
- NEW: Smooth scroll to linked anchors
- NEW: Add German translation
- IMPROVE: Style block editor title for WP 5.5
- IMPROVE: Preserve wide blocks in editor for WP 5.5
- IMPROVE: Update styling of widget blocks (categories, feed, recent posts, comments, calendar, tags, etc.) for WP 5.5
- IMPROVE: Adjust link styling and coloring in editor for recent posts block for WP 5.5
- IMPROVE: Adjust audio block alignment in editor for WP 5.5
- IMPROVE: Adjust editor width for WP 5.5, to match frontend
- IMPROVE: Adjust verse block alignment in editor for WP 5.5
- IMPROVE: Adjust code block font size for WP 5.5
- IMPROVE: Restore drop cap styling in block editor for WP 5.5 by removing .wp-block-paragraph
- IMPROVE: Adjust rounded corner styling in editor for Cover block with WP 5.5
- IMPROVE: Replace .block-editor-block-list__block with .wp-block for WP 5.5 compatibility
- IMPROVE: Use rel=”noopener noreferrer” on links with target=”_blank” for better security
- IMPROVE: sermons.net embeds
- IMPROVE: Update language POT file
- FIX: Limit custom ordering note to people groups, event categories, sermon speakers and post categories to avoid confusion
- FIX: Issue with dropdown menu links failing on iOS devices using Chrome browser
- FIX: Add body.page to hash scroll detection JS
1.2 (April 1, 2020)
Compatibility Update: This release deals with a large number of WordPress 5.4 block styling changes.
Blog Post: Theme Updates for WordPress 5.4
- Update framework to 2.6.6
- Expand sermon.net detection (media center embeds)
- Add consideration reusable blocks when showing content
- Adjust font size in classic editor
- Style new social icons block (WordPress 5.4)
- Finish frontend styling for widgets with WordPress 5.4
- Adjust frontend block styles for latest posts and RSS
- Adjust button and list font for WordPress 5.4
- Update verse, preformatted and code block styles for WordPress 5.4
- Adjust pullquote styles for WordPress 5.4
- Adjust file block styling in editor for WordPress 5.4
- Style quote blocks for WordPress 5.4
- Adjust caption styling for WordPress 5.4
- Update block editor link styling for WordPress 5.4
- Adjust heading blocks in editor for WordPress 5.4
- Update block appender class for WordPress 5.4
- Adjust block editor width for WordPress 5.4
- Adjust body font size in block editor for WordPress 5.4
- Update block editor styling headings for WordPress 5.4
- Adjust block editor heading font for WordPress 5.4
1.1.1 (November 18, 2019)
- Fix CT Archives widget Type dropdown text not being translatable.
- Fix CT Locations widget text to point user to Icons, not Homepage.
- Update Norwegian translation (No_NB).
1.1 (November 12, 2019)
Compatibility Update: This release maintains compatibility with WordPress 5.3’s block editor changes.
- Adjust block editor title/content spacing for WordPress 5.3
- Prevent editor title from turning black on focus with WordPress 5.3
- Force citation on blockquote to be left-aligned in WordPress 5.3
- Make full width image blocks work in WordPress 5.3
- Correct margin on Verse block in editor with WordPress 5.3
- Make captions centered with WordPress 5.3
- Update table block styles for WordPress 5.3
- Make separator block match frontend after WordPress 5.3 changes (no color)
- Adjust blockquote in block editor for WordPress 5.3
- Fix misplaced mobile menu on scroll with Android devices using Chrome
- Change theme description in style.css
- Update language files
1.0 (October 22, 2019)
- First release