If something is not working as expected, try these common solutions. If none of these shed light on the issue, please contact us with your troubleshooting results.
- Update everything including WordPress, the theme and plugins. Available updates appear in Dashboard > Updates when your license key is active. Also check for a new version in Specific Themes (go to your theme then Changelog) in case your updates are not working.
- Deactivate all plugins in case there is a conflict. If the problem goes away while all plugins are inactive, then reactivate them one by one to determine which is causing the problem.
- Switch to the default theme (such as Twenty Thirteen) then try to do what was not working. If the problem remains, it is a general WordPress or hosting issue. If it happens only while using our theme, please let us know.
- Clear cache in both your browser and in any caching plugins that you are using (also disable services like CloudFlare, if used with your website).
- Check Tools > Site Health for any problems affecting WordPress. Work with your hosting provider to resolve any underlying problems that could create the issue you are experiencing.
- Revert code changes if you have modified the theme’s code. If using a child theme, reactivate the parent theme. If you have placed CSS code in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS, temporarily remove it.
See Common Questions for other possible solutions.