It is common to build a new WordPress site in a subdirectory like yourname.com/new (or similar) then move it to yourname.com, so that the old site remains online while the new site is being made (see our staging guide). After your site is done, you can move it to the final location. Here are some tips:
- Deactivate your license key first, so you can reactivate it at the new URL.
- Check with your web host to see if they have a built-in way of doing this on their platform.
- Or, use a backup/clone plugin like Duplicator (see other plugins) to backup then restore to the new location.
- Or, you may want to consider hiring a professional to move it for you.
- Afterwards, the Better Search Replace plugin can be used to update URL’s used in content (assuming the method you used did not do this already).
Be sure to back up your website before doing these things. The WordPress Codex has a Moving WordPress entry with additional information.