Three common problems with church websites are cost, ease of use and design quality. Most church website solutions are expensive. Poorly built systems are hard to use. Outdated designs abound. Does your church website suffer in these ways?
I’ll tell you how you can get a better church website for about $17 per month. You can decide if you want to join thousands of other churches, big and small, that have already done it.
The response we’ve gotten from the new website is just overwhelming.
David Julian, Music & Arts Pastor
A Better Church Website
We exist to help churches build exceptional websites at minimal cost. This is accomplished by providing themes for the world’s most popular website tool, WordPress. Let’s take a quick look at how your church website will be better.
- WordPress is easy for you and your staff or volunteers to use
- Our themes give your church a modern, mobile-friendly design
- We’re here to help with one-on-one support and thorough guides
- You can easily customize colors, fonts and more to match your church
- Sermons, events, staff, locations, maps blogging, photo galleries, video, podcasting — it’s all included
- 30,000 free plugins add more features (giving, newsletters, etc.)
- Your church owns its website and can do anything with it
Your WordPress themes are gorgeous.
Joshua Bailey, Lightstock Co-founder
A Less Expensive Church Website
Ease of use was one of the reasons we chose to use WordPress as a platform for church websites. Another significant reason was cost. Seventy million websites of all types (churches, restaurants, schools, photographers — you name it) use it completely free of charge.
I was able to save our church a ton of money by switching to WordPress…
Eric Johnson, Resurrect theme user
How can it be free? WordPress is an open source project supported by hundreds of professional web developers and designers that donate their time. This has gone on for more than ten years and the project is bigger than ever (powering more than 20% of the web). We’re very grateful to the people who create this incredible value and give it away to all who would benefit.
Here’s what your church website needs.
Disclosure: We use SiteGround hosting as an example and may receive a commission if you choose them. See Church Web Hosting Rated and Ranked for other options (you can use any host).
- WordPress – Free
- One of our $99 themes
- One-on-one support – Included with theme (renew at $69.30/yr)
- Hosting (where your site lives) – About $50 for first year and $120 for each year after that
- Domain (yourname.com) – $15/yr
This adds up to $164 for your first year which is about $14/month. This is based on the StartUp plan from SiteGround without optional up-sells that are automatically added to your cart at checkout. Many hosts discount the entire first year’s price so it’s important to look at the cost for additional years. SiteGround’s regular price for that plan is about $120/year, which puts the cost of a church website with hosting, theme and domain renewals around $205/year — or $17.08/month.
How to Get Started
Now you know how your church website will be better and less expensive. Let’s get you started with an overview of the steps involved. Pastors, staff and volunteers have done this thousands of times over.
- Choose one of our themes
- Sign up for web hosting and use their one-click WordPress installer
- Install the theme with a few clicks by logging into your site
- Add your content and customize the look of your site
Our guides walk you through installing the theme and building your new church website. If you have any questions about building or managing your website, just contact us for support. We’re here to help!
First things first, thanks for the outstanding support you offer to your clients, I really appreciate you take care of all of us…
Ernesto Rountri, Iglesia Plenitud en Cristo
We hope you’ll switch to a better, less expensive church website. If you have any questions before getting started, just let us know.